I don’t know about you but when we end up having something hurried for breakfast, it seems like the children are hungry most of the day. There’s nothing like a satisfying meal to break the night’s fast.
One favourite of some of the children is French toast with some fruits. Since we had a new tub of plain yogurt in the fridge as well, I thought it would round out our early morning repast.
1. Beat 1:1 mixture of egg and evaporated milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
2. Soak bread (we use whole wheat or whole grain) in egg mixture.
3. Place bread pieces on heated and lightly greased pan and cook til toasted on both sides.
Note: A one-egg mixture will usually coat 2 pieces of bread.
1. Spoon some plain yogurt onto container. Add honey to sweeten if desired.
2. Wash and cut up any fruit you have available (we used grapes, strawberries, kiwi, and/or frozen blueberries).
3. Top with granola.
I ran out of fruits for my serving so I used only frozen blueberries and decided to mix into the yogurt to create a “flavoured” effect.